[Cwo] all missiles have been launched

Chuck-NO5W no5w at consolidated.net
Fri Aug 12 12:44:04 PDT 2011

Alan --

Here's a link to a little application I wrote for front end batch
processing of CWOpen logs. It will process all of the logs in a given
directory splitting out the header info, and the QSOs into separate
files suitable for then importing into a database. It also writes any
erroneous QSOs (out of band, out of period, incomplete data) to a
separate file for review. Soapbox comments are also split out into a
single text file suitable for importing into a word processor. The
source logs can contain QSOs from all periods or just a single period.
I've included a good bit of flexibility but the defaults are for CWOpen.

You can download the application from

http://www.no5w.com/Documents/LogAssembler-081211.zip

The zip file contains the following
1. The application exe
2. A restart (rst) file
3. Three test logs

Initially the restart file will start you out with CWOpen defaults
except you will need to specify various output file names, directories,
etc. Once you specify them the application will restart with those
specifications on future restarts.

After unzipping the download file you should

1. Copy the exe and the rst to the directory where you want to run from
2. Copy the log files to a directory
3. Start up the application, set up directory and file names, etc
4. Click the Process button and then review results

The application should be portable and run without any additional DLLs
but if you get a complaint that it needs one let me know. I've tested it
a good bit on the CWOpen defaults but if you encounter any bugs let me
know that also.

My understanding of how this would fit into CWOpen log processing is
that logs would be either downloaded from Bruce's web server and/or
saved from email attachments and stored in a directory on a local PC.
The LogAssembler would then be run against that directory to create the
following

1. Header File listing each of the entrants and ready for import into a
"players" table in a database.
2. QSO Log File listing each of the QSOs in the CWOpen in a format
suitable for importing into a QSOs table in the database.

Of course the above two files will be simple text files so other uses
can also be made of them.

73/Chuck/NO5W