[BARC] Newbie

Steve Ireland sire at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 9 18:04:51 CDT 2004

Hi Margo

You may not realise it, but we are all Berts deep down.  It can take
several years to reach this degree of self-knowledge.  If it helps, we
could call you Margo-bert (or maybe Marbert or Gobert?)

I really liked your Charles story.  My father's name is Osmund and it was
family tradition to call the first born son by this name.  My father
(G0TYJ) refused to follow in this tradition, naming me Steve and often
referring to himself as 'Henry' - his second name.

Some of my dad's radio friends know him as Henry, while others as Ossie.
This means it can get very confusing when he goes on the local radio club
net.

Vy 73

Ozbert, VK6VZ/7

At 05:07 PM 8/06/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Bert? My name is Bert??
>When my sister was adopted my mother told her she would have daddy's name.
She then spent the better part of that afternoon sobbing because she didn't
want to be Charles.