[BARC] Newbie

Steve Ireland sire at iinet.net.au
Wed Jun 9 17:51:10 CDT 2004

Bonjour Derrique

It was a tremendous relief for me to come out of the closet and admit
membership of BARC on 40m CW

Speaking of Mornington Crescent, have you ever read of any of the books of
Robert Rankin?  Like many of us, Mr Rankin is convinced this apparently
innocent London Underground station conceals a secret UK government
espionage base, with possible connections to the Prince of Darkness himself.

Mr Rankin is a writer of inspired lunacy and, as such, should be mandatory
reading for all members of the BARC.

Some of the best known of his works are the Antipope, East of Ealing, the
Sprouts of Wrath and Armageddon: The Musical.  Mornington Crescent features
heavily in his Lazlo Woodbine-influenced thriller 'Fandom of the Operator.'

Ozbert, VK6VZ/7, VY2LF