[BARC] Boring Report

Scott Neader KA9FOX ka9fox@QTH.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:38:55 -0600

At 09:13 PM 3/13/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>I heard a bunch of V's, then k7rat/b then cn85ss then Bert threw in the
>coolest fooler of all by ending it with "AR".. He is so smart to throw the
>revenuers off the track by making them think the beacon is in Arkansas..or
>that the guy back on the E. Coast did it and is noting his accomplishment
>by signing with his last 2 letters...although you're not supposed to do
>such things unless you've been certified as retarded...but I don't know if
>the AR guy is tarded or not...so I'm confused.

Since listening to a small beacon so far away counts as DXing, and since
you can abbreviate your callsign to just two letters when DXing, K1AR can,
in fact, sign AR in this situation.

And yes, he is tarded, you are not confused.  The funetics for AR:  Are
Retarded.

Good news:  he and his tarded friend DG (Dummy Gump) are being sent to
Finland for some special treatments this summer.  I wish them luck.

- foxbert