[ARDF] Transmitting Equipment for SPRINTS and FOX-ORING

kb9cfh at att.net kb9cfh at att.net
Thu Jan 17 05:12:03 GMT 2019

There is a sorely lacking need for UPDATED information for the transmitters and controllers used for the SPRINT and FOX-ORING contests. I haven’t been able to find ANY information on either one. There is a lack of UPDATED info on the 80 meter transmitters as well. HOMING IN got lost back about 2000 and hasn’t kept up since. SORRY JOE, but it’s time for a SITE UPDATE. Most of the web sites are either dead or have been taken over by somebody that wants to sell you sex. I haven’t found good info on any manufactures for any of the transmitters, especially the low power ones for SPRINT and FOX-ORING. I’m paying Byonics approximately $40 dollars for the PicCon controllers X 5 that's $200 dollars right there. The one ARDF 80 meter transmitter I could find was $100 a unit. 5 Watt unit. TOO much for me to use. I’ve got a S-PIXIE transceiver I’ve mod-ed for 80 meters and a Vectronics 80 meter cw transmitter for right now. both at about 300mw output. I’m SPENDING a LOT of MONEY on equipment that’s hanging on the back wall of my apartment collecting dust because of LACK OF INTREST or no knowledge that it’s here.

If you want people to get into this sport, get active and push someone into coming up with a cheap KIT FORM transmitter that can be built up by most of the clubs in the U.S.. You have to become VISIBLE. Right now you’re like the High School Cross Country Team. People might be around for the start of the race--only because they were there for the Track and Field meet anyway---- but nobody is still around when the finish comes in---unless it’s your kid involved. The SPRINTS are short enough to garner interest from the locals because they were in the park with their kids or were having a family picnic. FOX-ORING can be worked into the local orienteering operations of local groups the SCOUTS--both boys and girls---Local university athletic departments, and the like.

I’m in a radio dead zone here in central Oklahoma. I live in Ada. and there was an amateur radio blow up about 10 years ago. I ‘m one of the new kids on the block. Don’t know what happened but out of 130+ licensed hams that are supposed to be in Pontotoc county you might be lucky to find 20 of them. Texas club is too far south for us, Colorado isn’t much better. There might be a casual interest in doing some kind of a FOX HUNT with tape measure antennas. But ARDF---”WHAT’s THAT?”

                                                        GET UPDATED

                                                        GET VISIBLE

Sent from Windows Mail