[ARDF] Some notes from Region 1 ARDF WG

ARDF R2 Coordinator coordinator at ardf-r2.org
Fri Aug 30 19:54:27 GMT 2019

     The IARU Region 1 ARDF Championships is next week.  That also means that the IARU Region 1 ARDF Working Group will be meeting.  A few of the topics/news items that I know will be on their agenda:

• Serbia (SRS) has asked Ole Garpestad LA2RR to be the Chairman of the International Jury for the 2020 World ARDF Championships.  Ole has accepted.  Ole was Chairman of the International Jury in Korea in 2018.
* Serbia (SRS) also reports on the  2020 World ARDF Championships in Zlatibor, Serbia:
    - A contract has been made with Hotel Palisad (https://palisad.rs <https://palisad.rs/> or https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g304106-d2037402-Reviews-Hotel_Palisad-Zlatibor_Central_Serbia.html <https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g304106-d2037402-Reviews-Hotel_Palisad-Zlatibor_Central_Serbia.html>)  The hotel has 196 rooms.
    - Competition sites will be <= 40 minutes from the event hotel
    - 50% of the terrain expected to be used in the Championships has not been mapped yet - they are working on it with the Serbian Orienteering Federation.
    - The event web site will be https://ardf2020 <https://ardf2020/>.org/
• Czech Republic (CRC) is applying to host the World ARDF Championships in 2022, in Liberec, about 130 km N of Prague, close to the Germany and Poland borders.
• Russia (SRR) is applying to host the World Youth ARDF Championships (WYAC) in 2022, in the Ryazan region, about 190 km SE of Moscow.
* There is a fairly lengthy document produced by the subcommittee for “ARDF equipment and impact to fairness".  I am including it here.  I suggest everyone interested in going to an international event read it.  The final sentence of that report, in particular, would affect some 80 meter receivers in use today.
* There is also a three-page document produced by Jiri Marecek OK2BWN with proposed rule changes related to course design.  I am including it here.

     The reports from the subcommittees (especially the ARDF equipment one) are undoubtedly going to be debated and may or may not be acted upon with rule changes.  Since these are IARU Region 1 ARDF rules, the ARRL, RAC, and other Region 2 countries do not have a vote on these proposals.  Earlier this year, however, I submitted the results of the Region 2 ARDF annual survey to the Region 1 Working Group for their consideration.

World Youth ARDF Championships:
2020: Slovenia (ZRS)
2021: Romains (FRR)
2022: Russia (SRR) (proposed)

World ARDF Championships:
2020: Serbia (SRS)
2022: Czech Republic (CRC) (proposed)
2024: (Maybe somewhere outside of Region 1?)

IARU Region 1 ARDF Championships:
2019: Slovenia (ZRS)
2021: Bulgaria (BFRA)
2023: (unassigned)

      The championships web site says that 1 ARRL member is competing in Slovenia.  Evghenii, is that you?

—
Ken Harker WM5R
IARU Region 2 ARDF Coordinator
coordinator at ardf-r2.org