[ARDF] 80 meter and 2 Meter Fox Hunts

John Salmi kb1mgi55 at gmail.com
Sat May 12 12:59:24 GMT 2018

Here in Westford, Massachusetts we have just started doing 80 meter Fox
Hunting.

Andy KB1OIQ last week placed out his first 80 meter Fox transmitter on
3.580 Mhz.

A few of us found the Fox. For my self KB1MGI this was my first 80 meter
Fox Hunt and I found it pretty easy and fun.  80 Meters does not have the
reflections that the 2 meter and 70 CM frequencies have that we have to
deal with.

We do a lot of 2 meter 146.565 Fox Hunting in this area just about very
week being that more then one Fox could be out for 5 - 7 days a week.

Some of our 2 meter Foxes are DTMF tone # 2 is pressed to activate the
transmitter for 30 second on 30 seconds off. This type of Fox runs for 15
minutes.

Other in this area we run 30 seconds on 30 seconds off for a few days 24-7
until the battery is dead.
If anyone is around this area of New England, Westford Massachusetts that
would like to try our 80 meter and 2 meter etc Fox Hunts send me and Email.

John
KB1MGI

KB1MGI55 at Gmail.com

KB1MGI at Yahoo.com