[ARDF] New IARU R2 ARDF Coordinator

Dale Hunt wb6byu at arrl.net
Fri Aug 10 02:07:17 GMT 2018

I want to thank all of you in the ARDF community for your support over the 15+ years that I have had the honor to serve as the R2 ARDF Coordinator.  The sport has certainly grown since the first Championships in 1999, when "Will I make it back out of the woods?" seemed more of a concern to some first-time ARDF competitors than how quickly they would find the transmitters.

I hope you will give Ken the your continuing support and constructive ideas as he takes over the role.  I expect he may make some changes - it's good to get a fresh perspective periodically.

Meanwhile, I'll still be around.  A new job with longer hours and limited time off has slowed my ARDF projects down somewhat, but my toe has recovered from the R3 Championships in Mongolia, and I hope to make it to more events.  I'll continue to contribute to the community where I can.  Besides, I have an 8-year-old granddaughter who is anxious to make it to the National Championships...

Congratulations to Ken on his new role!

        - Dale WB6BYU