[ARDF] Mountain Lion / Cougar / Puma ...

homingin at aol.com homingin at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 13:07:25 PDT 2012

The mountain lion holds a Guiness record for the most number of species
names, over 40 in English alone.  I included two alternate names in the
ARRL article, but the editor apparently thought I didn't know what I
was writing about and changed them to "it" or "cat."

They have been in the mountains of Los Angeles and Orange County for
many years and lots of money has been spent to make sure that they have
passages and aren't restricted in their range by road construction.
 From time to time, they have been radio collared, both for study and
for early warning to some mountain-dwelling residents

73,
Joe Moell K0OV