[ARDF] Mountain Lion / Cougar / Puma ...

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 19:01:35 PDT 2012

I have seen 4 different links about Mountain Lions in the last day, and I
figured it was a sign that I should share them to the ARDF list, since we
had 2 people at Mt Laguna see them.

I didn't realize how huge these things are:

http://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/44564.html

And the stealth cam photo of one stalking a deer in the dark? Wow.

Outside Magazine:

http://www.outsideonline.com/blog/cougars-increasing-in-the-midwest-by-the-numbers.html

(Lots of neat statistics: One walked 1800 miles from South Dakota and was
killed by an SUV in Connecticut.)

What is weird here is that the midwest isn't known for Mountain Lion, but
Ontario is slowly gaining proof that they are around:

http://www.canadianfieldnaturalist.ca/index.php/cfn/article/view/1194/1187
(This looks like all words, but there are photos.)

Matthew