[ARDF] Looking ahead to ARDF apps (in 2012)

Tony Langdon vk3jed at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 18:33:07 PST 2012

At 09:37 AM 1/3/2012, Charles Scharlau wrote:

>7. M&C provides an audio tone indication of how accurately your mobile
>device is pointed at a control. If you point your iPhone toward a control,
>the volume of the audio tone increases, and as you point your iPhone away
>from the control the audio tone volume decreases. Think of it as an "audio
>compass" that steers you always in the direction of your target control.

Any chance of a "whoopee mode"?  i.e. where the frequency of the
audio tone varies, rather than the volume.  Not sure if that'd break
the processor budget or not.  You might also need to check what the
battery life is, I suspect this app will drain a device's battery
rather quickly. :)

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com