[ARDF] 2011 Region 2 ARDF costs, bus, and late registration

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Tue May 10 13:52:19 PDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Michael Pendley <k5atm at yahoo.com> wrote:

{lots of stuff deleted}

> Again,  these are rounded estimates. Our worksheet has higher fidelity. Our
> published entry fee is $215 with bus. Revised entry fee if no bus would be
> around $150
>
> Training camp costs are separate and will be managed by Marvin (info will
> be posted on event website with links to camp registration in a few days).
>
> So -- this is your event. The bus is not absolutely necessary and is for
>  your convenience. We need to take a poll and the group will have to live
> with the result.  Bus or no bus?
>
> Conclusion
>
> We have two questions to be resolved by the group
>
> 1) Bus or no bus?
>
> 2) If no bus then should we push out drop dead registration at the cost of
> no special hotel rate for those that register after a date to be determined
> later.

I vote for no bus.

(I know in 2005 on one day we took the bus straight from the 2m event to a
restaurant.  If there is a similar schedule this time, you should try to
plan it so people aren't too time constrained---otherwise you'll start to
lose people.  I'm just saying to either go straight from the venue to a
restaurant, or to allow a lot of time (for some sightseeing and then) to
drive back to the hotel, shower, and then regroup.)

I have no opinion on your second question. I'm not sure I understand it.

Matthew
Cincinnati