[ARDF] ARDF Digest, Vol 90, Issue 4

Tony Langdon vk3jed at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 16:49:22 PST 2011

At 09:29 AM 1/10/2011, Vadim Afonkin wrote:
>  Any cellphones are banned and cannot be used. Most of the WC class
> competitions have cell jamming equipment at the start location. To
> avoid violation of the rules application can be runned on iPod instead of

I doubt you'd find jamming equipment used in Australia, as cell
jamming equipment is illegal here, and its use carries a hefty
penalty (in the 6 digit region, if I recall
correctly).  Organisations with more pulling power than ARDF
organisers have tried to get exemptions, from businesses such as
theatres, to state run prisons.

An iPod would certainly be an alternative device to use as an SDR, if
there was no way to have the rules altered (and still keep a handle
on cheating).

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com