[ARDF] Musings on an ARDF user interface

Charles Scharlau charles.scharlau at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 12:44:59 PST 2011

Hi Jay,

The touch sequence for enabling the ARDF signal is probably too cryptic.
Sorry. I just didn't want for it to be enabled accidentally.

Keep in mind that enabling the ARDF signal doesn't require "tapping". It is
strictly a matter of touching the display with the right number of fingers.
No tapping.

Touch #1 - upper left-hand corner of the grid. (Do this touch first! And
keep this finger there.)

Touches #2 and #3 - While maintaining touch #1 above, place two other
fingers anywhere else on the grid.

All three touches need to be present on the screen at the same time.

Once you accomplish that, the ARDF signal should instantly appear among the
other signals on the display at 7189.1 kHz assuming that the Center
Frequency setting is 7200.0 kHz.

If you follow the same instructions as above, but add a fourth finger touch,
you will turn off the ARDF signals. Something to keep in mind, since
accidentally touching that fourth finger to the display would not be helpful
for turning the signals on!

I hope that helps.

73,
Charles