[ARDF] 2011 Championship Banquet

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Aug 23 21:04:51 PDT 2011

On 8/23/11 6:46 PM, Michael Pendley wrote:
> I need to close the loop with our banquet provider.  Our current plan is to have a catered buffet with two entrees -- One will be a chicken plate of some sort and one will be a beef plate of some sort. Exact menu will be finalized in the next few days.  You will be able to get one or the other -- or both if you want. We have used these folks in the past and have always gotten good food and no one goes home hungry.

> 1) I will be assuming that all participants will be attending the banquet -- which will be Sunday afternoon. Exact time TBD but in the 4-6 PM range.  If you know you will not be attending let me know off list so I can get an accurate head count

If this is the case, I probably won't be able to make it and I expect
such is the case with many others.  My flight leaves at 7:30.  With a
long bus ride after the last competitor comes in and allowing time for
the runners to shower and change, a 4:00 PM start for the banquet seems
like a pretty difficult goal.

In most of the past two day weekend-style events the dinner/banquet has
been on Saturday night with a brief awards ceremony Sunday after the
80-meter race, typically near the finish line.  This allows people to
catch late afternoon or early evening flights.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net