[ARDF] ARDF Prmotion - Book Publishing

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Jan 5 10:54:04 PST 2010

Marvin Johnston wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> In keeping with my thoughts about how to promote ARDF, I am curious how
> many people in the ARDF/transmitter hunting community use the Amazon
> Kindle for reading. I would also be interested in knowing how many
> people would prefer a hard copy book over a Kindle or PDF publication.
>
> My personal preference is hard copy, and I've never used/seen the actual
> Kindle.

First choice would be hard copy.

Second would be plain ASCII if text only.

If it has mixed text/images second would be HTML if I'm reading it
online or PDF if I'm going to print it.

Avoid proprietary formats requiring purchase of a specific device.

(I believe that the Kindle and similar will display PDF without too much
trouble, but they are really intended for a proprietary format unique to
Kindle.  Kindle now has some competitors which also have unique
proprietary formats, deliberately incompatible with anything else.)

Please don't do that.

Kindle doesn't display color, by the way.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net