[ARDF] ARDF Trends

Don Pitchford w9ebk at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 07:14:18 PDT 2009

I too have been missing from ARDF events for a few years. I have not lost interest. I have had a series of reasons to fail to be at the meets. First I skipped a year as I finished a Master's Degree. Then I couldn't make it to Texas in 2008 due to work. This year I am fighting an injury in my left foot.
However, there is some good news. Members of our local ham club all went together to buy the same radios, modems, cables, etc for APRS. We went with Byonics, so Pic-Cons are plug-and-play with the systems. As soon as I can get 4 more Pic-Cons we can put on a full 2 meter ARDF hunt. I hope this gets some interest going in Central Illinois. I hope that by getting others interested, I will be more inspired to train and make the meets.
Don, W9EBK