[ARDF] ARDF Trends

Tony Langdon vk3jed at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:39:40 PDT 2009

At 10:22 AM 7/16/2009, you wrote:

>I agree radio orienteering better describes the sport, and we generally use
>that term. It does depend on your audience. If you are writing for a Ham
>magazine, ARDF may still be better (it has "Amateur" in it), but your

I like the term "radio orienteering", as it is very descriptive of
the sport, especially to non amateurs/non radio people.

>Interested in ways people find to attract more to the sport, because it's
>not easy !

Well, I'm at the other end, I was heavily involved, as you know
Bruce, I have gear for both 80m and 2m.  The reasons I don't
participate these days are mostly transport (as in lack of) to
events, and to a lesser extent, lifestyle changes over the last few
years, though I can still make time for events, if I can find a way there. :)

I was rogaining up until mid last year, because the team nature of
that sport lent itself to car pooling.  Unfortunately, my rogaining
partner, wasn't able to take part for much of last year.

Anyway, just adding another perspective to the discussion (or "why do
some people drop out of the sport?").  And no, I haven't lost
interest in ARDF, it simply hasn't been practical for me to attend any events.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com