[ARDF] Host for 2009 USA ARDF Championships

Homingin at aol.com Homingin at aol.com
Fri Jul 11 06:28:58 PDT 2008

In the past twelve months, hams in the USA have been treated to two
outstanding national direction finding championship events.  Now it is time to look
forward to 2009.  As ARRL's ARDF Coordinator, I am seeking organizers for the USA
ARDF Championships, to be held about a year from now.

Hams in the selected city will invite radio-orienteers from all over the USA
plus visitors from abroad.  They will stage separate events on 2 meters and 80
meters in accordance with IARU's rules for ARDF competitions.  They will
provide medals and host a dinner at which the medals will be awarded.  And if they
organize it well, they will have lots of fun.  As a bonus, if approved, this
event may also be designated as the IARU Region 2 ARDF Championships.

If your local radio club or club council has ever put on a hamfest or ARRL
convention, then all the necessary organizational skills and experience to stage
an event of this type are probably available to you.  Hams who have organized
previous championships will have plenty of advice about foxtailing sites,
mapping, housing, publicity, transportation, finances, and so forth.

If you believe that the hams in your area would be seriously interested in
hosting the 2009 USA ARDF Championships, please contact me via e-mail now.  I
can provide information to help you approach your club/council leaders about it.

A new page of tips for organizing and hosting ARDF championships is now at
<http://www.homingin.com>.

What better way to generate enthusiasm within your club, help your fellow
hams, promote international goodwill, and have a great time doing it!

Joe Moell K0OV
homingin at aol.com
www.homingin.com

<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and
the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!<BR>
(http://www.tourtracker.com?NCID=aolmus00050000000112)</HTML>