[ARDF] ARDF in 2008 and 2009

Homingin at aol.com Homingin at aol.com
Wed Apr 9 20:21:19 PDT 2008

If you are planning to go to the USA ARDF championships in Texas May 8 - 10,
please get your registration in as soon as possible so that the organizers can
properly plan.  Just in case you don't already know about this event, you can
read all about it at www.texasardf.org.

USA's Letter of Intent to participate in the World Championships this
September has been submitted and acknowledged.  We may send up to three persons in
each age/gender category to South Korea.  Invitations to join ARDF Team USA 2008
will be based on performances in the USA ARDF Championships of 2007 and 2008.
 Unless I am told otherwise, I am assuming that anyone who competed last
September at South Lake Tahoe or competes this year in Texas is interested in
receiving an invitation to join the team, if qualified by performance and eligible
by citizenship or resident alien status.  Of course, that invitation can be
accepted or declined when offered, so you don't have to decide now.

I do not anticipate any financial support from ARRL or the Colvin Foundation
this year, so competitors will be responsible for all their own transportation
costs and entry fees.  I expect that ARRL will assist in foreign money
transfers, as it has in the past.

Another topic of discussion at the Texas championships will be where to hold
the 2009 USA ARDF Championships.  If the IARU Region 2 ARDF Coordinator
approves, the Ninth USA ARDF Championships may also be designated as the Fifth IARU
Region 2 ARDF Championships.  If you would like to have your home area
considered for the 2009 site, please contact me now.

I look forward to seeing you at the championships in Texas.

73,
Joe Moell K0OV
ARRL ARDF Coordinator

<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Planning your summer road trip? Check out AOL