[ARDF] Loaner gear?

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 19:17:40 PDT 2007

I'd like to propose that we figure out who has AM-capable
("keyed-carrier") 2m receivers, and see if there are enough people
willing to loan gear to cover the expected competitors who do not have
keyed-carrier gear.  If collectively "we" (all of us) can outfit the
people who need it, we could then choose to use AM "keyed-carrier"
transmitters. Keyed-carrier is a lot harder, but it's much better
practice for international events.

It doesn't even have to be gear built for ARDF---I have an FT-50 (a
stumpy lower-end Yaesu HT), and Dick Arnett had to remind me that it
can receive AM.  That HT in a TMB with an offset attenuator works fine
for keyed-carrier.

Matthew
Cincinnati