[ARDF] Transporting ARDF gear

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Fri Jun 22 07:40:22 PDT 2007

     I was wondering if anyone had advice about transporting ARDF gear
when flying to a meet destination.  In the past, Jen and I have always been
able to drive to the USA ARDF champs, but this year I think we'll have to
fly.  I would assume that putting the gear in checked baggage makes more
sense than carry-on?  I could imagine security checkpoint personnel looking
at a tape measure Yagi a little funny, and I have no doubt that my
Altai-3,5 would draw their attention.

    As an alternative, has anyone tried shipping radios (via UPS or FedEx)
ahead to their hotels or as "hold for customer pickup" at the shipping
centers?

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com