[ARDF] USA ARDF champs

Bob Cooley rccooley at comcast.net
Thu Jun 21 14:10:47 PDT 2007

> * For those of us likely to fly into the area, is there some reason to
>  pick Reno/Tahoe (RNO) instead of Sacramento (SAC)?  Sacramento is
>  likely cheaper and seems to be only a marginally longer drive to South
>  Lake Tahoe, CA.

The only reason is distance.
South Lake Tahoe is about  1.25 hours  from  RNO       Reno
                                           2.5 hours    from   SAC
Sacramento
                                           4   hours     from   OAK
Oakland
                                           4.75 hours  from  SJC         San
Jose
                                           4.5  hours   from  SFO        San
Francisco

> * Is there any plan to have transportation to/from the airport and the
> camp?

No.  We haven't be able to find much help of any kind that is willing to
come
to this somewhat distance location.

> * Should I assume that the cabins at Camp Concord are six person
> single-gender
>  occupancy?  Or is it possible that married couples/families can get their
>  own space?

I don't think that has be decided yet since it is somewhat dependent
on how many people attend.  We should know soon.

Since the date is in the slow season
there will be many motel and hotel rooms available in the area.

> * Are the cabins at Camp Concord climate controlled?  According to
>  weather.com, South Lake Tahoe's average low temperature for September
>  14 and 15 is 33F (1C).

There is no heat in the cabins, and you can't bring any electic heaters.

Bob