[ARDF] 2 Meter receivers

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Tue Jul 18 08:29:41 PDT 2006

I try to keep the IARU Region II ARDF web site as up-to-date as I can
regarding equipment options:

http://www.ardf-r2.org/en/equipment.shtml

It looks like the ROX-2T is the current production G3ZOI design 144 MHz
ARDF receiver: http://www.open-circuit.co.uk/rox2t.php

Currently, the easiest way to get on 80 meters would have to be getting
a WB6BYU design receiver from Marvin Johnston KE6HTS:
http://www.rain.org/~marvin/wb6byu.htm

The most popular 2M receiver i've seen at recent USA/RII ARDF championships
has been the VK3YNG Mark IV Sniffer paired with a WB2HOL design tape measure
yagi. http://users.bigpond.net.au/vk3yng/foxhunt/2m_sniffer/manual.htm and
http://home.att.net/~jleggio/projects/rdf/tape_bm.htm.  Not everyone
likes the way the VK3YNG receiver works on keyed AM, though - I think
the G3ZOI receiver was the next most popular option at the 2006 USA ARDF
championships, but unfortunately you cannot buy it as a kit or assembled.

Finally, buying rigs from eastern Europe is possible if you can get someone
going to a World Championship to shop for you.