[ARDF] Lyme's Disease

Dick Arnett DArnett at stelizabeth.com
Wed Jul 5 09:16:12 PDT 2006

This should be something of interest to all.

Subject: Lyme's Disease

 A School Nurse has written the info below -- good enough to share --
And it really works!!

I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the best way to
remove
a  tick. This is great , because it works in those places where it's
some times difficult to get to with tweezers: between toes, in the
middle of a head  full of dark hair, etc.

Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the
soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20), the
tick
will come out on it's own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you
lift
it away.
This technique has worked every time I've used it (and that was
frequently), and it's much less traumatic for the patient and easier
for
me.

Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this would be
damaging in any way. I even had my doctor's wife call me for advice
because she had one stuck to her back and she couldn't reach it with
tweezers. She used this method and immediately called me back to say,
"It worked!"

And you shouldn't just PULL one off anyway-- sometimes the tick's head
is in
too deep, it pulls off -- and causes infection.

Plus -- ticks are bad news nowadays -- Lyme's Disease is serious
stuff.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s), and may contain
confidential and privileged information protected by state and
federal medical privacy statutes.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail
(attaching the original message) and destroy all copies of the
original message (including on your own computer and on any network
to which your computer is connected).