[ARDF] My new ARDF website...

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 22:06:11 PST 2006

In my resolutions post last week, I said I was working on a website
for ARDF.  I've got a lot of other things I want to do with it before
I release it, but... Some people who've seen it have given me some
good feedback, and I figure now is as good as later.

It's called offcycle.org , and my number one goal is to keep it
up-to-date.  I explain why I chose to name it that in the "Welcome"
post on the frontpage.  I also put in one of the maps from Gyuri's
training camp in 2004 (which I didn't attend).

One thing that is missing is a discussion forum or a way to comment.
I'm trying out some software that adds that, but I don't like what
I've seen so far.  For now, I recommend posting discussion topics
here, in the kkn ARDF list.

One piece of software I do like is the calendar.  It has issues with
font sizes, but what I like best about it is the ability for users to
add events.  It also automatically moves things from upcoming to
results. For now, "registered users" can add events.  Some sites I
know have issues with spammers, but I'm hoping I can keep this open.

Again, it's pretty rough, and it doesn't have a lot of content.  I
have a lot of big plans, and a reasonable amount of ARDF stuff  I've
been collecting for this purpose, but the biggest problem I'm having
is finding time to put it all up.  (I've put in several placeholders,
for example, under "Gear", but I'm hoping to change that so there's
less clicking through endless index pages to get to the content.)

If you have any recommendations, or would like me to host some photos
or map scans, just contact me.  I'm hoping to have more large file
stuff on the site, but I might have to tailor that if I start
exceeding my monthly bandwidth.  I don't think that will happen
anytime soon, but I really am new at all this.

Matthew
AA9YH
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
http://offcycle.org/