[ARDF] Montreal fox controllers

Dale Hunt, WB6BYU wb6byu at arrl.net
Wed Feb 15 21:29:34 PST 2006

  Jen -

     I have several controllers wired using the FAR circuits
  boards, and a couple that I did by hand on perfboard.
  Yes, perfboard is smaller, and it isn't that hard, just a
  bit tedious to do all the wires between the chip and
  the switches.

     I'll have to look at the new circuit and see what is
  different.  You  might email VE2EMM and ask him for his
  suggestion - Jacques probably knows the circuit better
  than any of us!  He may have changed it to use a less
  expensive PIC controller.  He would also know if FAR
  Circuits is planning on carrying the new board, and
  may have copies of the older circuit available.

     Otherwise, may have the documentation printed out
  for the controllers, or at least can draw the schematic
  for you based on the controllers that I have.  Looks
  like you could fit it in an Altoids tin if you mount
  the DIP switches so they stand vertically with one
  side soldered into the holes nearest the PIC and
  a common ground wire connecting the other sides.
  That should allow you to trim 1/2 off of the board, and
  I just checked that is enough.  (As long as you don't
  want to put a battery in there also!

     Which reminds me...  I still have a few boards to
  solder up when I get a chance.

     Charles NZ0I programmed the PICs for me.  His verison
  has some changes, but PICs are easy to change if you
  have a programmer.

      - Dale WB6BYU

Jennifer Harker wrote:

> For Valentine's Day, I promised my sweetie I'd build a set
> of Montreal Fox controllers. ...Ï
---
[This E-mail Scanned for viruses by Online Northwest]