[ARDF] Photos from 2006 USA ARDF Championships

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 07:35:56 PDT 2006

Regarding the 3L of water---It's 1.5 to 2 L.  In Albuquerque, I used
2L, probably because of the dry air (and all the extra breathing due
to the thin air).  In Raleigh, I think I did 1.5L before my start on
both days.

In Albuquerque, I needed water at the finish.  In Raleigh, I didn't
feel like I needed water, but I drank the electrolyte drink anyway.
The banana at the finish was great, too.

Also, it wasn't water---It's a sports drink called Gookinade
Hydralyte.  It was developed by Bill Gookin, an orienteering and
marathon runner.  He analyzed his sweat and made a drink to replace
what he was losing.  I think it's a lot better than water.  If I drink
too much water, I get a headache.  I just feel better when I drink
this before I run.

Matthew
Cincinnati