[ARDF] Photos from 2006 USA ARDF Championships

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 22:16:40 PDT 2006

I loved the downed tree markings.  Mostly it was a warning for the
larger areas---I had trouble matching individual trees, but that was
because I was moving just a little too fast (which is unusual for
me...).

The more widely-spaced downed trees were great---I used them a whole
bunch as I was moving along.

I guess overall I found them to be great.

Matthew

Ken wrote:
> * I thought the downed trees markings on the map were not all that useful.
> I certainly never felt like I could rely upon them for determining where
> I was, or for deciding upon my route choice.  Maybe they were more accurate
> or useful in 1997.

Jay wrote:
They were useful in determining the speed that you could traverse some
of the terrain but I agree that they weren't of much value in locating
yourself.