[ARDF] Wikipedia ARDF Article...

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 21:41:26 PDT 2006

Ken,

    I recently went over to check out the wiki for ARDF.  I was
shocked to that the editing we hear about in news articles is
affecting the ARDF article.

   For example: Someone has changed "meter" to "metre" throughout the
article. I think someone changed "Nylon" to "Ripstop Nylon" (and made
it a link to the ripstop nylon wiki), even though I've never seen a
pair of ripstop O' pants.  Someone linked to "working group".  They
say ARDF maps are printed on A4 and 8.5x11 paper, even though most
O'maps are printed on whatever size paper is convenient, even if it
means they're cut to size.

   It's pretty infuriating.  I was considering changing it, but why bother?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_Radio_Direction_Finding

Matthew
AA9YH
Cincinnati, Ohio USA