[ARDF] Designing Championship Courses...

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:32:47 PDT 2005

Dick,

    I didn't know they did that.  I'd have to think for a while about
a strategy for a course like that.  It would probably split up the M60
field, though.  I'd be worried about fairness.  I suspect your stategy
would be different depending on whether the start and finish were
close together or far apart.

    I've noticed the "better" 4 and 5 T courses have multiple decent
orders.  A single best order (that is significantly better than any
other) seems to be frowned upon.

All:

    I probably should have posted these links to the Brno maps in my last post:

    Brno Day 2 80m course:

    http://arg.hamradio.si/2004/12wardf/12WARDF-2kv_map.htm

       (M60 skipped 14, W50 skipped 13.  I'd much rather skip 14!
That W50 course is tough!  I probably would have gotten five, then
headed south, staying high, to make sure 2 wasn't on the same hill as
5, then realized 4 was across the *huge* reentrant, gotten 4, then 2.
M60 seems a lot more straightfoward RDF-wise.)

    If I was going for the "any three" for that course, I probably I'd
do 514.  512 is probably easier physically, but I think you would have
to luck into it---It seems risker than 514.

    Brno Day 1 80m course:

    http://arg.hamradio.si/2004/12wardf/12WARDF-1kv_map.htm

Matthew