[ARDF] My PicCon "script"

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Tue Oct 25 14:22:24 PDT 2005

     This is the script I used to program each of the PicCons at the Texas
ARDF Championship last weekend (where several of the transmitters gradually
drifted in time during the course of the event, leading to significant
overlaps.)  This specific example is for MOH.  I'd appreciate feedback from
the more savvy PicCon users if there is anything I'm doing wrong:

C123133518#  Set Morse code ID to WM5R
A10100       Set a transmission delay of one minute duration
A20056       Morse code sequence is 56 seconds long (leaving 4 seconds for ID)
A30500       Transmission loop time is 5 minutes
A40000       No initial delay time
A50000       Run until commanded to stop
B188         Set Morse code sequence to default code speed
B220         Set Morse code ID to 20 WPM
B371         Set Morse code tone to ~700 Hz
D4           While holding down button, set IARU transmitter ID to MOH
C411123#     Set transmission sequence order beginning with three delays

Start with SW1

     Anything obvious that I was doing wrong?  For at least the first several
cycles, everything sounded like it was in proper timing and sequence, but
by the time of the first start three hours later, some of the transmitters
had drifted by as much as 30 seconds.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com