[ARDF] Re: Fox Box Labelling

Charles E. Scharlau cscharlau at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 10 19:35:07 PDT 2005

Here's the wording I use. I can't say for sure that anyone, other than
T-hunters, have ever found one of my boxes and actually read the message.

RADIO TRANSMITTER

Notice: This low-power radio transmitter is being monitored by participants
in a radio direction finding exercise. It has been placed at this location
for the duration of the exercise, and will be removed immediately at its
conclusion.

Licensee contact phone: 919-555-1731 or 919-555-2399.

Use of this device is authorized by the Federal Communications Commission
under Code of Federal Regulations, Title 47 (FCC Regulations), Part 97. Its
removal, disabling, or any other control function is permitted only by the
station licensee.

For information regarding this radio transmitter, or the exercise in which
it is used, please contact Piedmont Transmitter Tracking at the telephone
number provided above. Written correspondence can be mailed to Piedmont
Transmitter Tracking, P.O. Box 516, Cary, NC 27513, or e-mail: nzOi at arrl.net