[ARDF] ARDF on Wikipedia

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Tue Nov 15 05:40:38 PST 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 10:34:48PM -0500, Matthew Robbins wrote:
> Ken,
>
>     That's a great introduction.  Wow.  Did you write it?

Yes, I wrote it.  I borrowed some ideas about the structure from the
Wikipedia article on orienteering.

>                                                            Are you
> looking for photos showing specific things?  The one thing that bugged
> me was the term "magnetic loop antenna", which is probably correct,
> but I think it might be confusing.  I probably would call it a loop
> antenna, but I am certainly not knowledgeable about this.

Yeah - this is why we need other people to look it over and make things
even clearer.

As far as photos, I was thinking it could benefit from:

* A photo of a runner in the woods, preferably carrying a 144 MHz yagi.
* A photo or two of 80M rigs, perhaps being held as if in use.
* Maybe a photo of a transmitter location with O control flag.

Enough photos to give people a sense of what the sport looks like and
that, you know, we're not making it all up. :-)  I've looked through my
photos, and I don't really have one I think are quite good enough.