[ARDF] Piccon mods

David Ward dward at kos.net
Mon Nov 14 14:55:45 PST 2005

I had a very similar experience with the same results. Using the ceramic
resonator the controller ran slow by about 20 seconds per hour (~ 5500 PPM).
I then replaced the resonator with a 3.579 MHz crystal with 15 pf
capacitors. It now runs slow by about 2 seconds per hour (~500 ppm). I
haven't got around to replacing the caps with smaller values yet but from
what I read I'm not sure any value will be enough to overcome the 500 ppm.

One thing I wondered about was whether the crystal should be a series or
parallel mode. Anyone have any opinions?

Dave
VE3BIP