[ARDF] Practice Event in North Carolina

cscharlau at earthlink.net cscharlau at earthlink.net
Tue May 3 03:45:38 PDT 2005

ARDF in North Carolina

Nadia and I set up a beginners ARDF course (80m) last Sunday (May 1) in
conjunction with the orienteering event we coordinated. We had several
orienteers try the sport for the first time, all of them with some degree of
success. Several of them expressed enthusiasm about trying it again.

We didn't have any experienced ARDFers attend on Sunday, so we kept the
course short and simple. However, we'd still like to put on a "regulation"
event sometime when we can get a few ARDF enthusiasts to attend.

How about those of you who live in an area where ARDF has made a foothold
(Atlanta, Cincinnati, even North Carolina!) determine a date that works for
several of you to take a trip to Raleigh? Let me know some dates that work
for you, and we'll try to organize an event to fit your schedule. We can do
a one-day or two-day event, on either or both bands.

Those of you heading to Albuquerque this summer, or who hope to go to
Bulgaria next year, this is a rare opportunity to experience something like
a regulation ARDF course (complete with 2m AM transmitters) without leaving
the USA.

73,
Charles & Nadia Scharlau