[ARDF] Swedish Sport-TV feature on ARDF...

Matthew Robbins cedarcreek at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 20:33:18 PST 2005

I don't know Swedish, but I happened upon this little (1.5 minute)
segment of the Swedish TV Show: Sport TV (that's a guess).

Go here:
http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/index.jsp?d=24029&a=404610

Click on "Melin vann SM i rävjakt" from 2005-06-12 (June 12)

Then, to the left, select the .asx windows media player file, or the
.ram realplayer file.  On my wifi link, it took 5 or 7 minutes to
download, so it's a pretty big file.  If you're a dial-up user, just
be aware that it'll take forever.

There isn't a whole lot of ARDFing in it, but it's still pretty cool.
Looking at this TV feature, you might think there are 2 ARDFers in
Sweden.  They do have some nicely integrated 2m rigs, though.  I had a
touch of gear envy, but just because it looks so cool.

I found this off the Swedish ARDF site:

http://www.pejla.se/

They've also got a Powerpoint ARDF Course (.pps format) with a neat
"ideal" run for 5 transmitters.

http://www.pejla.se/starta_kurs.htm

I was trying to find some information about the 2m receivers (the
really slim ones in the video), but I struck out.

Matthew
AA9YH
Cincinnati, Ohio