[ARDF] [Adam's RadiO Diary] Day 13 - The Hydrofoil

Adam Scammell a.scammell at rocketmail.com
Mon Sep 6 01:04:43 CDT 2004

Jaci had our breacky ready for us at 6am so we could head off at 6.20,
she even accompanied us into town to ensure we made the connecting
tram. The Hydrofoil trip was somewhat marred by the headaches we
received due to the pilot smoking. The trip was otherwise enjoyable and
many photo-taking opportunities were had. There were two loch's
en-route the first being a 20 meter change and the second only 8M. The
water was transferred at a whopping 1M per 45 seconds, huge considering
it was about 200M long and 30M wide. We arrived at Vienna at 4pm and
the info office suggested we stay at the University, (cheap and
central). This Internet connection was available at a cheap rate of
$5Euro for 24hours. We enjoyed tea at a café just around the corner,
and then headed out for some nighttime sightseeing and photo taking. In
our travels we passed an outdoor film (and food) festival and many buildings.