[ARDF] Two-day ARDF event in Cincinnati June 5-6

Matthew Robbins aa9yh at hotmail.com
Sun May 30 23:49:23 CDT 2004

Next weekend, June 5th and 6th, I am putting on a two-day ARDF event in
Cincinnati.  Both courses will be full-length courses of approximately 6km
straight-line distance.  Shorter courses of 3, 4, and possibly 2
transmitters will be available.

The maps will be from OCIN, Orienteering Cincinnati, and the equipment from
OH-KY-IN ARC and OCIN.

Although I am still awaiting approval for the Day 1 location, I do have
approval for Day 2, and if the park for Day 1 falls through, the other park
is available and already approved for use.  So...that means there *will* be
a two-day event next weekend.

The maps will be 1:10000 scale, which I believe is the same as the maps for
the US ARDF Champs in three weeks.  Both maps are high-quality orienteering
maps, one of which is offset printed (which in general means it's a little
easier to read, with sharper features).  The other is expected to be a
laser-printed map made with the same process as last summer's Region 2
Championships.  Both are very good maps.

The Saturday 2m event is expected to be at Hueston Woods State Park, near
Oxford, Ohio.  Again, I'm expecting an approval very soon, but I do have a
backup location already approved if HW falls through.  The Saturday start
will be at 1030 EDT (tentative).

The Sunday 80m event will be at Caesar Creek State Park near Waynesville,
Ohio.  It is about a 35-40 minute drive (NE on I-71) from the intersection
of I-275 and I-71 on the north side of Cincinnati.  The Sunday start will be
at 0900 EDT (tentative).

Please let me know if you would like to attend or even if you're thinking of
attending so I can arrange for enough maps and refreshments.  I also have
some flexibility with start times---let me know what you need and I'll try
to accommodate you.

Matthew Robbins
aa9yh at hotmail.com