[ARDF] Mike Wright....

Kuon & Dale Hunt kuon at onlinemac.com
Sun Sep 21 22:57:51 CDT 2003

Mike -

   I'm glad to hear you are recovering.  And welcome to the
post-operative ARDF group!  At least a couple of us have used
ARDF as a way to recouperate, and others have found it a
good excuse to lose weight and get in better shape to avoid
such incidents in the first place.

   As your doctor permits physical activity, you can still go
out on Orienteering or ARDF courses while walking at a
comfortable speed for you - and choosing to skip those
controls that require a lot of climbing up and down.  I'm
using a pulse monitor as I exercise - I don't go as fast,
but I can go a lot further, and I get a better sense of
what my body is really able to do.

   Best of luck in your recouperation, and hope to see you
at the next ARDF events!

      - Dale WB6BYU

>Hello everyone. I am just writing this to everyone who might remember me
>at the ardf hunts on Ohio. My name is Mike Wright. I really enjoyed the
>challenges that we face over there. It was a lot of fun. I just wanted to
>let you all know that after I returned home I was feeling just fine, but
>on August 23 I had a mild heart attack...

---