[ARDF] Collapsible pole verticals

Sam Smith sam.smith at ece.gatech.edu
Thu Oct 9 08:50:04 CDT 2003

I used the crappie poles from Bass Pro Outlet. Although we have plenty
of trees, they are too thick to quickly get a wire into.

I use a coil at the base wound on PVC and 5 ground radials. I tried a
center loaded vertical, but it was too much trouble and didn't improve
anything.

We are using the ground wave at that distance, not sure that the finer
points of 80 meter antenna design will help much. Maybe someone knows
what we could do to improve our signal at a distance of 3 km versus 3000 km?

Sam N4MAP