[ARDF] Collapsible pole verticals

Marvin Johnston marvin at rain.org
Wed Oct 8 14:07:33 CDT 2003

The poles you are looking for are called crappie poles, and are
extentable fishing poles. They are made of fibreglass and collapse to
about 48" or so. Another friend of mine made up five mounts to stick in
the ground that will hold the extended poles vertical. Basically, they
are about a 2" pipe about 16" long with a piece of sharpened ribar (sp?)
welded to one end, and two pieces of 1/2" pipe welded soas to provide a
"step" for getting it into the ground.

The best price *I've* found ... just a minute ago actually :) ... for
the 20' Crappie Poles is $161.80 plus shipping for a case of 20 at:

http://www.homestead.com/costsavingsplus/

under fishing supplies.

Marvin, KE6HTS