[usa2003ardf] Arrival/Havighurst Hall questions

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Thu Jul 24 15:24:51 CDT 2003

     We plan to arrive on Wednesday afternoon.  If we just show up at
Havighurst Hall, will there be someone there to check us in?  Or is there
some place or room in particular that we need to go to?

     Also, I have a good recollection of dorm life, so I am assuming that we
will need to bring our own toiletries and towels.  Will we need to bring
bedding?  Pillows?  Anything else that might not be obvious?  (I plan to
bring a surge-protected power strip with me so we can charge up multiple
radios at once and not worry so much about how many outlets there are or
where in the room they are located.)

     Is Havighurst Hall air-conditioned?  Or should we maybe throw a fan
in the car to bring with us if it looks like it's going to be a hot weekend?

     Will there be any refrigerators available to us for cold drink storage?

     If we were to listen to one repeater or simplex frequency on the
drive in, what would it be?

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops