[ARDF] Orienteering vs ARDF

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 18 13:53:37 CDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 10:00:17AM -0700, Marvin Johnston wrote:

> I have always compared an ARDF course to an orienteering Orange course.
> It would seem that the Green, Brown, etc. courses are more technical in
> nature without the catching features, etc. that are used on the Orange
> course. And *I* consider the signal strength and direction to the
> transmitter as an *excellent* catching feature :).
>

> What comparison would you other orienteers make regarding courses?

In length, the M21 class is more like a green or even red course.
I'm not sure about the classes that find fewer controls - I'm sure some of
them would be closer to Orange in terms of length.

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences          Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops