[ARDF] 2004 US ARDF Championships?

Sam Smith sam.smith at ece.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 18 09:25:24 CDT 2003

Longer than a week and your attendance would probably suffer on the
front end. Most O-clubs that do long events do a week long thing
including both weekends - this gives you about 9 days. They cram it full
of orienteering with only one or two days off - you don't go to these
things to lay around and rest - if you are too tired to play each day
you take some extra time off. Orienteers as a rule are in good shape -
better than the radio-orienteers I have seen.

I kept a diary of my trip to the RMOC 1000 day one year, including the
training. It's only a week long event - it just seems like a 1000 days.
The diary is here: http://www.mindspring.com/~gaoc/1000day.html

As far as accomodations, I prefer a motel. Dorms are nice if you are
having a convention and workshops, but a big hassle for the organizers.
For a week long event you should provide a low-cost option like camping.

You'll have some competition next summer. We are hosting the USOF
convention June 26th - July 4th. www.usof2004.org. RMOC is having a 1000
day about a month later.

Sam N4MAP