[ardf] Fox box batteries: Sources for cheap 5-7AH Lead Acid Gel Cells?

Matthew Robbins aa9yh at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 17 22:02:05 CDT 2003

I'm trying to cut the cost of my fox boxes, and I was trying to figure out
ways to scrounge 5-to-7 Amp-Hour Lead Acid Gel Cells.

Any ideas?

I heard of using old UPSs (for computers).  How does that work?  (Where do
you find them, etc.  How big are the batteries?)

World Radio had an article six months or a year ago that said lots of
hospitals have to replace the batteries before they go bad.

Other than scrounging: Any good, cheap sources for new batteries?

I know using old batteries is asking for trouble, but this is just for
smaller meets and practice.

Matthew
AA9YH