[usa2003ardf] [FWD: ARDF Training Session Near Charlotte, NC]

Kenneth E. Harker kharker at cs.utexas.edu
Sat Jun 1 10:33:05 CDT 2002

----- Forwarded message from "Charles E. Scharlau" <cscharlau at intrex.net> -----

> To: "Ardfteamusa at Yahoogroups. Com" <ardfteamusa at yahoogroups.com>,
>    "Usa2002ardf List" <usa2002ardf at yahoogroups.com>
> Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 22:10:24 -0400
> Subject: [usa2002ardf] ARDF Training Session Near Charlotte, NC
>
> Nadia Mayeva has graciously agreed to conduct an ARDF training session for
> anyone interested in attending. The most likely dates for the session are
> July 20, 21, 27 or 28, and would be held near Charlotte, NC. If I hear from
> a sufficient number of interested individuals, I will try to arrange for
> orienteering maps, and permission to use a suitable venue, like King's
> Mountain State Park.
>
> This would be a one-day event, but possibly both 2m and 80m transmitters
> would be put on the air. If possible, Nadia's Russian-made transmitters will
> be used. I believe the Russian 2-meter band transmitters are AM modulation,
> and in that respect should resemble the transmitters that will be used in
> Slovakia this fall at the World Championships.
>
> I need to hear from some likely participants before I move ahead with plans
> for this event. Please respond to this e-mail by June 8 if you think you
> would attend, and the dates you would be available.
>
> Please forward this to anyone who might be interested in attending.
>
> 73,
> Charles
> NZ0I
> mailto:cscharlau at intrex.net

----- End forwarded message -----

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker at cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences      VP, Central Texas DX & Contest Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops