[WVARC] WA6LXN record

Tree tree at kkn.net
Sat Oct 24 19:22:29 PDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 06:42:43PM -0700, Tom Musselman wrote:

> Eee gads, Tree!  You mean I was part of that famous four-part a
> cappella group?  I wondered where those royalties were coming from!

Yes....

I guess for those who haven't heard this story - it needs to be told.

In four part harmony...

Once when I was up at my parent's mountain cabin (in Forest Falls),
Matt came up and visited and brought Tom and John Musselman with him.

He had an HW-22A - (40 meter SSB rig) in the car with him and we hooked
it up to my "antenna" (which was the aluminum roof).  We got on 40
meters and the four of us called one - and only one CQ on 40 meter
SSB in the middle of the afternoon.  I think we used WA6LXN as the
callsign - but I am a little fuzzy on that part of the memory.

Our CQ was answered by WB6OLD.

We proceeded to make a QSO with Leg and our name was Matt John Larry
and Tom (maybe Tom and John were backwards).

Tree