[WVARC] Contractors point

Tree tree at kkn.net
Tue Oct 3 16:07:02 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 02:07:04PM -0700, K6MR wrote:

>  Yep, I think it was WB6JZC:  was he the one that worked at Electronics
> City? (there's a blast from the past).  I remember he had it in his front
> yard.  Guimont moved it first to the place in Van Nuys along the railroad
> tracks.  I ran across a photo I have taken from the top of one of the poles.
> Then both of them went to Contractor's.  I remember the crane company didn't
> get one of them set straight, so Clint (WB6WIT) and I had to straighten it
> out.  That was just before the 1971 earthquake.

I just remembered it - WB6ENX - Stan Griffiths.

He worked for Tektronix and fixed scopes in the back of his station wagon.
I didn't know him back then, but I heard him on 40 meter once (overloading
my S-120).  He is now W7NI and lives up here.  He has some kind of story
about climbing it to take his prop pitch off or something.

> Man, that was a long time ago.

No kidding.

If anyone cares, here is my station:

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=rk23fm4szmsx&style=o&lvl=2&scene=5591280

Small tower on the left is VHF/UHF.  There is a full sized 3 element 40 at
106 feet in the middle, a 4 square on 80, with 20/15 meter beams on the
tower in the middle of it - which I load on 160.

Tree