[WVARC] Contractors point

Tree tree at kkn.net
Tue Oct 3 08:52:54 PDT 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 10:34:41PM -0700, K6MR wrote:

> Doesn't look like the 100 foot phone poles that Guimont put up there
> survived.  My wife's parents live just below the point in Sylmar, and I
> remember recently looking up there and not seeing them.

Yeah - they haven't been up there for some time now.

I used to be able to look out my office window and see it back in the late
70's when I was working in Woodland Hills.

There was a fire that went through there at least once - and I remember
someone saying something about one of the poles being "dried" out and
not safe to climb.

I think one of those poles was actually up at W7NI's place (he had some kind
of WB6 call I think back then).  It got moved up there sometime around 1970.

Can anyone else find their antenna farms on that web site (www.local.live.com)?

You can also find the Mount Lukens FD site just by typing in Mount Lukens.

Also - if you move up the hill and across the road from the contractors
point view, you can see the big concrete slab where I assume the
W6SilverDollar FD site was (insert the WB6UHF "SilverDollar" voice here).

Tree